FDG2022 will take place in Dopersduin, Oorsprongweg 3, 1871 HA Schoorl, The Netherlands. Dopersduin is a conference center located near the sea and dunes in North-Holland, at approximately one hour’s travel from Amsterdam.
Conference packages and prices
Thanks to generous funding from the Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication of the University of Amsterdam and the Department of Linguistics of the University of Amsterdam, conference packages are offered at modest prices. Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations are guaranteed once payment is received. The early-bird registration fees are valid for payments received until April 15, 2022.
The standard conference packages include:
- accommodation in simple but clean rooms (that you will have to tidy yourself during the conference) with private bathroom, arrival Monday, June 27, 2022, afternoon, departure Friday, July 1, 2022, after lunch;
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner, starting with dinner on Monday, June 27, 2022 and ending with lunch on Friday, July 1, 2022;
- coffee, tea, water, juice, and fruit during the day;
- one day of bicycle rent for a joint excursion in the area;
- conference facilities.
With the above items included, prices are:
- accommodation in twin room, private bathroom, single occupancy, per person: € 400 (€ 450 after April 15, 2022)
- accommodation in twin room, private bathroom, double occupancy, per person: € 340 (€ 390 after April 15, 2022)
If you prefer to find your own accomodation in the neighbourhood, the price for lunches and dinners, one day of bicycle rent, soft drinks, fruit, and conference facilities is:
- no accommodation, per person: € 165 (€ 215 after April 15, 2022)
Not included in any package are the drinks that can be obtained at the bar of the conference centre.
If you want to have a bicycle at your disposal (recommended!) during your entire stay, the additional fee is: € 20 (€ 30 after April 15, 2022)
How to get there
The nearest train station to Dopersduin is Alkmaar Station. There are train connections to Alkmaar from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and Amsterdam Central Station, among others. From Alkmaar Station you take bus 151 in the direction of Petten Plein 1945, and get off at the tenth stop, called Schoorl Koningsweg. From there it is a five minute walk to Dopersduin. Schedules for train and bus can be found on Google maps.